Once you have your new Pink Himalayan Salt Cooking slab, you will want to rinse it with clean water and dry it immediately. Let it dry overnight before using it the first time.
You can use your slab on the grill, or your stove top. The most important key is to turn the heat up very slowly. If you heat it up too fast, you will crack the slab. Pre-heating takes about 45 minutes to an hour.
- You want to heat it on low for about 15 minutes, one medium heat for another 15 minutes and then finally on high for 15 minutes.
- After your slab has been on high for at least 15 minutes, sprinkle a few water drops on it. If the water sizzles and evaporates quickly, then your slab is ready for cooking.
- Now you are ready to place your food on the slab.
- Cooking times are roughly the same as if you were cooking on a pan.
- Be sure to use a wooden or metal spatula. We do not recommend ever cooking with plastic.
That’s it! You are now cooking with salt!
One of my personal favorite recipes is lemon shrimp.
One of the great things about cooking is, you can experiment to find your own unique recipes.
Take a look at all our Pure, Unrefined Pink Himalayan Salt Cooking Slabs!